Thursday, May 08, 2008

How Would You Like Your Meat, Miss?





I love love love playing with my sweet children, but I am a big believer in frequent "date nights"!! Dave is pretty much my favorite person to hang out with, so any time we get together alone or with good friends, it is well-deserved. This particular evening we were with Gerard and Camilla Nowak, in Seattle, at what Dave commonly refers to as the "Meat Palace". I'm pretty sure that is not the given name of the restaurant (call me if you want the real name and I'll get the details!), but it is a spot-on accurate description of the all-you-can eat joint. I can hardly describe it, but it is in no way an option for vegetarians. There is just about every kind of animal imaginable available on a skewer for you to inhale at two-minute intervals, being paraded around your table by attractive Brazilian men. Okay, maybe attractive is a stretch, although I do love that dark skin! A true cave-man sort of place, with an up-town swanky feel. I had to pace myself. And I love meat, but come on, this place was out of control. Dave and Gerard eat there several times a year and rave about it, so we ladies had to try it. It was delicious, yes, but I think annually will be enough for me. I'll stick to my meat being served on a plate, thank you. By an attractive male server. :)

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

My favorite part about restaurants like those is the grilled pineapple. The meat is okay, but the pineapple is all I really want to eat.

Did they have it? Did you love it?

Debra said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! Now I can keep up with one of my favorite families in Washington even from a distance. :)

OBE said...

I have to say, I love all you can eat meat. Not alot of all you can eat places do anything for me, but steak on a big spike is awsome! Just thinking about it is making me hungry.

dAVE